[NCUC-DISCUSS] 2017 NomCom cycle opens for applications

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Thu Jan 12 09:06:05 CET 2017

Hi everyone

The 2017 NomCom application request form is now live. The deadline for applications is 21 March 2017.

We are inviting applications and recommendations for the following positions:

• Two members of the ICANN Board of Directors
• Three representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) – one each from Africa, Asia/Australia/Pacific Islands and Latin America/Caribbean regions
• Two members of the Council of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO)
• One member of the Council of the Country-Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO)

Note that this announcement does not cover the PTI Board Positions; the application period for that will be launched separately in late January.

Information:

ICANN Announcement: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2017-01-11-en <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2017-01-11-en>

ICANN 2017 Nominating Committee Leadership Positions Candidacy Application Request: https://forms.icann.org/en/groups/nomcom/apply <https://forms.icann.org/en/groups/nomcom/apply>

2017 NomCom Website: https://www.icann.org/nomcom2017 <https://www.icann.org/nomcom2017>

To repeat what I said last month,

> On Dec 17, 2016, at 11:12, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> wrote:
>
> Needless to say, we really need a solid and diverse crop of civil society applicants, especially for the Boards and GNSO. In light of last year’s cycle, I would expect strong female candidates for the ICANN Board to get an especially close look.
>
> So a) if anyone here thinks they could be a fit for one of these positions, please poke around the above website, including the timeline (applications will open soon, TBD), and consider applying; and b) if you think you know someone else who could fit the bill, ask them to do the same.
>
> In addition, as I’m on the outreach subcommittee, if you have any suggestions of meetings (especially before end of March) at which we could conduct some outreach to encourage good applications, please send me a note.
>
> Report Card Page: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/nomcom2017-report-cards-2016-12-16-en <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/nomcom2017-report-cards-2016-12-16-en>
>
> December Report Card:  https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/nomcom-report-card-16dec16-en.pdf <https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/nomcom-report-card-16dec16-en.pdf>

Thanks,

Bill