[NCUC-DISCUSS] [important] Adoption of the copyright ADRP by PIR

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:55:58 CET 2017

Dear NCUC members,

PIR ( the registry for .ORG) is going to adopt a copyright dispute
resolution policy that has stringent clauses  to protect copyrights.

In my opinion the problem with this policy is not the mere fact that PIR is
using a private dispute resolution mechanism to enforces copyrights. It is
also the point that ICA is raising that: it goes beyond ICANN UDRP. The
other thing is (correct me if I am wrong here) PIR has not asked the
community which it will be affected by this policy for comments.

Read more about this issue here:
http://domainincite.com/21532-angry-reactions-to-udrp-for-copyright

We need to write a statement and oppose the policy. I am also on the
advisory council of PIR and we will have a meeting next week. I will raise
this point during that call but we need to write a separate statement and
endorse other statements as appropriate.

Who would like to hold the pen for drafting the statement?

Best

Farzaneh