[NCUC-DISCUSS] GNSO Standing Selection Committee Changes

David Cake dave at davecake.net
Thu Dec 14 07:37:15 CET 2017

If the SSC decisions are going to end up going to a majority vote, then that vote should be of a body with elected members and public deliberations. I would suggest if SSC is not able to reach consensus, then it should make multiple representations to council rathe than vote for a majority position.

I realise that there are many reasons why such a proposal might be considered a problem - it slows things down, complicates the process, etc. In my opinion these ‘problems’ are actually a feature - they encourage consensus, as the majority process will be more complex.

David