[NCUC-DISCUSS] Session on termination of domains for hate speech at ICANN 60

Viviane Vinagre vivianegvinagre at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 18:54:53 CEST 2017

"I understand James's concern for scope, just like Bill I don't yet know
what to think either, but it seems that Ayden's line that DNS, as a
technical framework, "is being used to determine who can and cannot
disseminate knowledge and opinions" is absolutely enough for us to put this
discussion forward for the time being."

I also agree with what Claudio said, I think the best option for us is
doing a workshop and discuss that matter in the Brazillian IGF. And as
Gustavo I think we would have a better civilized, productive debate, with
both sides being represented in Brazil than in Abu Dhabi where the
enviroment about freedom of expression isn't that good.