[NCUC-DISCUSS] Session on termination of domains for hate speech at ICANN 60

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Mon Aug 21 22:13:37 CEST 2017

On 20/8/17 12:37 pm, Stephanie Perrin wrote:
> I agree, let's not escalate things  ourselves.  I think the CEO of
> Cloudfare has expressed it quite well:
> https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/17/cloudflare-ceo-says-removing-the-daily-stormer-is-slippery-slope.html.
> I think we should have this discussion, am neutral as to the
> appropriate setting.  I bet Michael Nelson from Cloudfare will be
> there, he would be good to talk to as a discussant of the matter.

Also Namecheap, if you haven't seen this piece of theirs, especially the
addendum:

https://blog.namecheap.com/inciting-violence-vs-freedom-speech/

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2016/11/27/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: 75D2 4C0D 35EA EA2F 8CA8 8F79 4911 EC4A EDDF 1122