[NCUC-DISCUSS] Session on termination of domains for hate speech at ICANN 60

thomascovenant thomascovenant at thomascovenant.org
Sun Aug 20 20:28:05 CEST 2017

+1 Ayden and Kathy

On 20.08.2017 20:37, James Gannon wrote:

>> minute you will see half of your membership resign, myself included.

> Well for those of us who don’t work in activism how we are portrayed,
> or how the organisations (Such as NCUC) that we affiliate ourselves
> with are portrayed are 100% how I base my decisions on continued
> association.

I do not work in activism, yet how NCUC (or other organization) is
portrayed is not how I base my decision on contributing, joining,
leaving or continued association.

Actual situation is the most relevant fact.

I do understand your concern though. I think it shouldn't be the reason
to leave this discussion if there's interest to have it.

Solidarity,

Dina Solveig Jalkanen
--
* * *
thomascovenant

* As a side note, there's cinematographic evidence of Nazis having fled
to the moon and out of ICANN scope:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Sky