[NCUC-DISCUSS] Farewell to NCSG/NCUC

Peter Green seekcommunications at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 1 10:29:41 CEST 2017

I am really sorry and upset for making such a decision after my participation in NCSG/NCUC for 4 years.

Dear NCSG Chair Mr. Tapani Tarvainen,
Though it is time to complete the annual NCSG membership check-in, I could not do so.
It is my personal decision that I now conduct a check-out of NCSG as an individual member.

Dear NCUC Chair Ms. Farzaneh Badii,
Due to my personal decision of quitting NCSG, it’s not legal for me to be an individual member of NCUC, hence I now quit NCUC as an individual member.

Dear Maryam,
Could you please be kind to eliminate me from the membership list of both NCSG and NCUC ?
Could you please be kind to unsubscribe me from both the NCSG and NCUC mailing list and all related mailing lists?

Thanks so much!

Keeing the email in my emailbox for days, it did take me a long and hard time to make this decision.

The decision was based on my belief that I could not further be involved with NCUC with my legal individual membership eligibility questioned by different levels of cognition in terms of interpreting the NCUC membership eligibility terms in the current effective NCUC Bylaws, which had been revised while not effective now.

It was difficult for me to participate in NCUC with untrust in me.
For avoidance of any further problems, I have no intention to participate in NCSG any more.

Since the former NCUC EC (2016-2017)’s illegitimate action in August 2016, requesting me as the Asian/Pacific Representative of NCUC EC to resign, I took this as a case to ICANN Ombudsman. Now it has been a whole year and the case is ultimately over.

The case is over with irreversible effect on me. I could not be part of NCUC with deserved trust.
I would like to extend my farewell to NCUC/NCSG.

Thanks for those who had ever followed the case.
I wish you all know what happened and what are the real problems reflected in my case. (Please see the email below by Tapani, which is a great summary of this case.)
Thanks for those who support me!
I did learn a lot from you guys. It’s nice working with you over the last several years.

NCUC is the start of my ICANN journey, which shall not be the end.
There are many of you who I have never met. Looking forward to meeting you.
Still would see you in the ICANN community! Hope could see you in future ICANN meetings.

Wish you all good in your life and work.
Thank you all!

Best Regards
Zuan Zhang/Peter Green