[NCUC-EC] Minutes and Recording NCUC EC Meeting 19 August 2016

Maryam Bakoshi maryam.bakoshi at icann.org
Wed Aug 24 00:22:08 CEST 2016

Dear all,

Please find below for your review minutes and recording of the call of Thursday 19 August 2016. I have requested for the transcript of the call and will send once I am in receipt of it.

Note: please excuse the format. I am working off my phone mostly, due to laptop breakdown.

Many thanks,

Maryam Bakoshi
Secretariat Support - NCSG, NCUC & NPOC

E: Maryam.bakoshi at icann.org<mailto:Maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>
S: Maryam.bakoshi.icann
T: +44 7737698036

Meeting Minutes:

Attendees:

Rafik Dammak

Joao Carlos Caribe

Milton Mueller

Farzaneh Badii

Grace Githaiga

Agenda:

Discussion about EC Letter

Bylaws Change process

Solving the travel support issue

NCUC Election timeline

Proposals:

Farzeneh: suspend Peter from the EC, until EC receives the ombudsman decision

Joao: send public letter praising Peter's work but explaining why he can't stay on the EC anymore

Action Items:

Milton to draft letter/email with proposals above by Sunday 21 August 2016

Farzaneh to send red line version of bylaws to NCUC EC list by next Friday 26 August 2016

Rafik to send an email to the mailing list with adjusted timeline for bylaws change process and draft announcement about the process. However, Rafik to first send the draft announcement to NCUC EC for review and approval

The NCUC Executive Committee met August 19 2016 to consider the problem of Peter Green's eligibility for the EC. Peter Green was informed of the meeting and specifically invited to attend by the Chair, but did not attend. After considering the issue, the EC decided to: 1) Draft a public letter expressing our appreciation for Peter's prior work for the constituency but explaining that his employer's membership in the Registry SG makes him ineligible for a leadership role in NCUC 2) Suspend Peter Green from the EC and rule that he is not eligible to run in the next election 3) Await a statement from the Ombudsman, whose decision will be seriously considered. The EC unanimously decided.

EC to handle the case of interim appointment

Mp3 Recording:

https://icann.box.com/shared/static/3dmyhl3hzv8ll1vjhb5vwwbd72r3z2bh.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=zZ8xDDIU4PY795Cika7Nmy-2FNugFnAwo9az5qWXNwufRqdMvnqzafToH6WfC2N80WZQA5YpfzqdH5iO-2FAFccYCra0I7q3ru7FsPPUPfTQfuU-3D_FiroU9WATfGGQpGIbRb8NkCMVsuIUf2Oa7q-2B6QPGPd0P9ACvn3Y7Ub4pcSRvAWpR4eEu9NGmxpUPeW0JVeMqcxBkC1ajwg6Efba9JnrHuvaGkytYht-2BcRzRzRdO6GDE510ktfNBk9SsN-2BN0dEU5DFF3QEQ5iwAN6-2B-2BxBtC6uhITOohlogAogeBf50rZYVN91efCNDdqf2xJtlfeMsjjuKxjBUrab10J5eJc4XvG2M5aDWP5fLEBdr766nWXDU5lKYuM-2Fha0XjKBqu6Msa1ZVExZnSHYCS-2FC-2F6HKUOJSxbMn-2F90hvcrdd5dZpM3-2BpvSqHY-2F-2BSV9jEsP-2BPE6x-2F-2Fzuj7ijKPnEMAia8tQlKxCeM0ULcdrPoluMVTL989kWCJD4KyLawJ2XldrStq8ojFb-2BPUeo-2BXv80osEHt9kClErZX2OCMj61Jf2fEAk1sgI-2FqSwUwvlSHqZbVoBMgS0hJlSbakuQcRLm2sRbyQwe35jYebSWD-2Fvb-2FOEjE0a1pmUuWERI>

Chat Transcript:

maryam.bakoshi:Dear all, welcome to the NCUC ExCom meeting on Friday 19 August 2016
 Milton Mueller:Hi Grace!
 Grace:Hi Milton
 Grace:Long time!
 Milton Mueller:Yes, since IGF Brazil
 Milton Mueller:Maryam, I am not seeing any capability for activating my microphone
 Grace:Mine too Maryam. I only have the speakers.
 Rafik:the AC is not connected to the bridge?
 Milton Mueller:apparently not
 Milton Mueller:we can't have a meeting if we can't talk to each other
 Milton Mueller:Maryam, this needs to be fixed!
 Maryam Bakoshi:Hi Milton, my apologies
 Maryam Bakoshi:we will get audio now
 Milton Mueller:thanks!
 Milton Mueller:WhY is the host disconnecting my microphone?
 Nathalie Peregrine:@ Milton, you ought to be able to click on the telephone icon at the top of the toolbar
 Milton Mueller:I have done that twice. And two times I have been "disconnected by the host"
 Milton Mueller:just did it again. green mic but no sound
 Nathalie Peregrine:pleae try again as neither Maryam nor I have disconnected you, apologies. Can we dial out to you Milton?
 Joao Carlos Caribe:Hi folks
 Farzaneh Badii:Hi Joao
 Maryam Bakoshi:Welcome Joao
 Milton Mueller:I will try to reconnect using the computer mic
 Nathalie Peregrine:ok I'll standby
 Farzaneh Badii:Grace, can you hear us ?
 Grace:Yes
 Farzaneh Badii:great :)
 Grace:Clear and loud!
 Milton:I missed your introduction
 Milton:I am on now and it looks like the mic works
 Rafik:it was passionate one
 Nathalie Peregrine:excellent news Milton!
 Maryam Bakoshi:Thanks Milton
 Milton::-)
 Milton:if you are talking Grace we cannot hear
 Grace:I CANT seem to get through the microphone
 Farzaneh Badii:perhaps Maryam can call you ?
 Milton:that's bad. same trouble I had a while ago
 Nathalie Peregrine:Grace, you are disconnected from the audio bridge and have not activated your mic, can we dial out to you
 Grace:but my question is, what will be the implication of our decision considering that Peter has escalated his letter to teh Ombudsman
 Maryam Bakoshi:Grac we will dial out to you again
 Farzaneh Badii::) stay still
 Grace:But please speak cause I hear you so so clearly
 Maryam Bakoshi:*Grace
 Milton:Joaoa we cannot hear you either
 Nathalie Peregrine:Joao has not activated his AC mic
 Farzaneh Badii:we cannot either
 Nathalie Peregrine:Joao, please click on the telephone icon at the top of the AC toolbar
 Milton:now we can hear you
 Farzaneh Badii:oh he is here :)
 Nathalie Peregrine:there we go! Please all mute mics/ phones to avoid feedback
 Nathalie Peregrine:Grace is connected on the audio bridge now
 Farzaneh Badii:Thanks Nathalie
 Farzaneh Badii:I don't think Peter wants to talk anymore personally
 Grace:I think he is very bitter but I must say his approach to the matter has surprised me.
 Joao Carlos Caribe:no more Farzi, this personally would be before letter
 Milton:yes
 Joao Carlos Caribe:mistake
 Joao Carlos Caribe:i just missed to low the hand
 Joao Carlos Caribe:I suggest another public letter to Peter about his valuable work on the EC, and the impossibility
 Joao Carlos Caribe:to continue with he because the procedures
 Milton:Rafik: Peter was invited to this meeting, right?
 Rafik:yes
 Milton:Note: Joao proposes that we send public letter praising Peter's work but explaining why he can't stay on the EC any more.
 Rafik:"Dear Peter,As you probably saw it, I sent email to EC list for a confcall to discuss our recent decision regarding your resignation from the EC. In that meeting we will also discuss the next steps with you. Please,  everyone confirm you attendance, we may need to adjust the time next Friday since Maryam will have to manage NCSG EC call too.Best,Rafik"
 Grace:I wanted to say what Milton has said that we just need for everyone to see that it is an eligibility issue and not a personal one.
 Joao Carlos Caribe:I think Peter is angry, the letter will calm this issue
 Joao Carlos Caribe:exactly Grace
 Grace:He is angry yes but he is also dishonest.  Bill raised the issue with him. So he knew what he was doing all along.
 Milton:I will do a first draft
 Milton:Sunday at the latest
 Farzaneh Badii:Maryam also please in the action item note that suspend Peter from EC until we receive the ombudsman decision
 Milton:Yes, agree.
 Grace:Lets do it today since we will not be having another meeting on Sunday.
 Joao Carlos Caribe:I think the letter probably will answer any request for reconsidere our decision.
 Milton:ok let's separate out the replacement issue from the rest of the motion
 Milton:Action item: call for volunteer temporary replacements on the NCUC list
 Milton:respect and consider
 Joao Carlos Caribe:I think we need to wait for this replacement
 Farzaneh Badii:yes . he is inelligible to run
 Milton:Nope
 Milton:ok draft a motion?
 Grace:Yes he is not eligible.
 Joao Carlos Caribe:Put someone now on Peter's position
 Joao Carlos Caribe:would not be a good idea
 Joao Carlos Caribe:not now until we are under this issue with ombudsman
 Joao Carlos Caribe:The kids are fantastic!
 Farzaneh Badii:haha :)
 Milton:working on a draft motion, not listening carefully
 Milton:move on to the election procedure
 Farzaneh Badii:yes
 Farzaneh Badii:agenda 4
 Joao Carlos Caribe:yes
 Milton:I will be ready in about 5-10 minutes
 Milton:Whatever is next on the agenda
 Grace:@Maryam, i have been disconnected. Could you have them call me again?
 Maryam Bakoshi:\yes
 Grace:Although I heard what Raffik said on this matter and fully support.
 Farzaneh Badii:ok
 Maryam Bakoshi:Grace, I have asked for your number tobe dialled again
 Grace:Thank you Maryam
 Grace:I am back.
 Maryam Bakoshi:Yes it is @ Farzaneh
 Milton:Proposed motion
 Milton:The NCUC Executive Committee met August 19 to consider the problem of Peter Green's eligibility for the EC. Peter Green was informed of the meeting and specifically invited to attend by the Chair, but did not attend. After considering the issue, the EC decided to: - Draft a public letter expressing our appreciation for Peter's prior work for the constituency but explaining that his membership in the Registry SG makes him ineligible for a leadership role in NCUC - Suspend Peter Green from the EC - Await a statement from the Ombudsman, whose decision will be considered and respected
 Milton:slightly modified version
 Milton:The NCUC Executive Committee met August 19 to consider the problem of Peter Green's eligibility for the EC. Peter Green was informed of the meeting and specifically invited to attend by the Chair, but did not attend. After considering the issue, the EC decided to: 1) Draft a public letter expressing our appreciation for Peter's prior work for the constituency but explaining that his membership in the Registry SG makes him ineligible for a leadership role in NCUC 2) Suspend Peter Green from the EC and rule that he is not eligible to run in the next election 3) Await a statement from the Ombudsman, whose decision will be considered and respected
 Joao Carlos Caribe:excellent
 Farzaneh Badii:I think it is
 Farzaneh Badii:yes
 Farzaneh Badii:Friday is fine
 Grace:Been kicked out again Maryam.
 Milton:what is the action?
 Milton:OK I support
 Joao Carlos Caribe:I support
 Grace:The resoulution is good.
 Grace:Good job Milton.
 Farzaneh Badii:yes
 Maryam Bakoshi:Hi Milton, pleae could you write in the chat what the changes are?
 Milton:just stop at considered
 Farzaneh Badii:only consider
 Joao Carlos Caribe:the legal stuffs... agree with considered
 Milton:The NCUC Executive Committee met August 19 to consider the problem of Peter Green's eligibility for the EC. Peter Green was informed of the meeting and specifically invited to attend by the Chair, but did not attend. After considering the issue, the EC decided to: 1) Draft a public letter expressing our appreciation for Peter's prior work for the constituency but explaining that his employer's membership in the Registry SG makes him ineligible for a leadership role in NCUC 2) Suspend Peter Green from the EC and rule that he is not eligible to run in the next election 3) Await a statement from the Ombudsman, whose decision will be seriously considered
 Joao Carlos Caribe:Fine
 Joao Carlos Caribe:ok not to say
 Joao Carlos Caribe:yes
 Milton:??
 Rafik:grace are you with us? we are voting?
 Nathalie Peregrine:We are dropping Grace and re-dialing her
 Nathalie Peregrine:she's back
 Milton:can she see the motion?
 Milton:right
 Milton::-(
 Rafik:young in the spirit :)
 Milton:can beat you at wrestling
 Rafik:always resorting to violence
 Joao Carlos Caribe:about this money issue what are the possibility to NCUC
 Joao Carlos Caribe:to adopt PayPal?
 Milton:his receipts were in Nigerian Naira
 Milton:883
 Milton:$883 USD
 Milton:Joao's hand is up
 Joao Carlos Caribe:Just at PayPal we can hold a different currencies account
 Milton:218,000
 Milton:234,500
 Milton:dollars
 Milton:right. He wants dollars.
 Grace:Yes he wanted foreign currency.
 Milton:no, young hand
 Grace:The receipts were in naira and everythign was refunded
 Grace:But how would he have spent in euros and the receipts were in naira? Really not clear.
 Milton:as far as i am concerned there will be no "next time" with S
 Grace:I agree Milton.
 Farzaneh Badii:The difference between $699.869 and 800 euros
 Farzaneh Badii:upon providing proof
 Milton:Grace: he could have converted Euro cash to Naira cash and then bought the tickets and hotel
 Grace:It is next time with others. With lessons learnt :)
 Milton:yes
 Farzaneh Badii:election timeline?
 Grace:I saw your proposal Rafik and it looks good.
 Farzaneh Badii:ok thanks
 Farzaneh Badii:Thanks everyone
 Farzaneh Badii:good bye
 Joao Carlos Caribe:thanks for a productive meeting
 Grace:Ciao.
 Nathalie Peregrine:Of course!
 Milton:Bye all!
 Nathalie Peregrine:recordings have been stopped
 Joao Carlos Caribe:bye
 Maryam Bakoshi:Thank you all for attending the call. Good bye