[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC workshop proposals for IGF

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 09:46:57 CEST 2017

Hi

Thanks Ayden. I like both the private ordering and GDPR options.  However, the former strikes me as something we could pull off the shelf and do any year, it’s sort of conceptual and ongoing thing, whereas the GDPR is time-sensitive and as we saw in CPH has not been thought through by parties that will be impacted. So I kind of think the latter is a bit juicier…

Another option we could consider: as you know there’s a parallel discussion at the NCSG level about a workshop.  That started down the track of security aspects of names and numbers because when we were throwing ideas at the wall, security generally seemed tasty and this specific aspect’s been somewhat under underexplored at IGFs (think IGP may have done a couple workshops over the years, can’t remember if there’s been anything else).  But I’m not a present sure how far we’ll get in specifying that theme, recruiting good speakers, and lining up co-sponsors etc. in the one week before applications applications are due.

Could a solution here be for NCSG to take one of the ideas floating in NCUC and run with that instead?

Best

Bill

> On Apr 25, 2017, at 22:32, Ayden Férdeline <icann at FERDELINE.COM> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have now added a fourth proposal to the Google Doc <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uNISLJED108A-CuXn1zfXgpBBFu3cRPyjuUotLVErAo/edit?usp=sharing>. This was inspired by the feedback which Bill Drake provided a few days ago on the original WHOIS workshop proposal. I couldn't think of a way to blend the two ideas together (if someone can, please feel free to do so) so thought I might start a fresh with an additional proposal for the EC to consider. Looking forward to receiving your reactions, suggestions, and edits. Thanks!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Ayden

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer