[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Travel Support] Apply to go to ICANN 59

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 14:59:50 CEST 2017

All,

Here comes the call to apply for travel support to go to ICANN 59 in South
Africa.

The meeting will be held on 26-29 June. Since we are going to have a two
day outreach in Johannesburg (detail will be provided soon) we will provide
half of the budget for travel (up to 2000 USD). The other half will go to
supporting the two day outreach event. I will send a detailed information
of expenses, program and any other information as soon as we finalize
things with ICANN and EC.

We will also have our fellowship program, since it was successful last
time. Please apply by 14 April. Results will be announced by 17 April.

If you would like to apply for travel support, please send your statement
of interest to  me and  Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org> and
consider the following points when applying :

1. Why do you want to attend the policy forum? Which Working groups or
policy discussions you have been involved with and would like to be
involved further. If you have not been involved with policy discussions,
which policy discussion do you want to get involved with (note: this is a
policy forum, so you need to be knowledgeable enough before going. You need
to put some time and effort before the meeting and learn about issues with
the help of the mentor)

2. How much support do you need? Indicate airfare, hotel, visa expenses (
Remember that we want to support as many mentees as possible, so the less
you ask for the more likely you are to receive funding - of course it also
depends on your motivation letter- and we don't offer per diem.)

3. Make it clear that you will spend time and effort and work with the
mentor before, during and after the policy forum and will stay engaged.

4. Have a look at the travel policy available here:
http://www.ncuc.org/participate/ncuc-travel-support/

Best

Farzaneh