[NCUC-DISCUSS] NomCom Review

Raoul Plommer plommer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:24:38 CET 2016

>  Of course, our chances of actually securing that balance in a
> multistakeholder community by engaging in antagonistic discourse or
> claiming to be the sole and heroic defenders of truth and justice are about
> zero.

I'm not saying it should be the only argument, but we are probably the only
UC that actually has these values in their bylaws. See section B in our
first statute
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oMzuQglPSIeWjrZOzdJgjZUi2QdYwdxXfRe_SWuvmcY/edit>.
I think you won't be finding those values in other SGs' bylaws.

> what matters at the end is the outcome of nomcom: appointing candidates to
> different leadership positions. The challenge always remain regarding how
> to increase the pool of candidate and having more noncommercial candidates
> with strong chances to be selected.
>
> Well, here I am trying to gather the points of views that would get us
that extra seat or two. Let's concentrate on those. The desirable outcome
would be to not just having a pool of candidates for one seat of the
NomCom, but two or three seats for that same pool to take on. I am
definitely not trying to undermine any of our members' work in different
WGs but to give them a lot more ground to stand on. Please acknowledge this
difference.

-Raoul