[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Important] NCUC Bylaws Final Version

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Nov 21 16:59:20 CET 2016

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 03:43:43PM +0200, Nadira Alaraj (nadira.araj at gmail.com) wrote:

> Usually and in any voting process, the support or self promotion of
> candidates stops before the distribution of the ballots.

That is not by any means universal. In particular when voting is
conducted by mail or otherwise takes a long time, notably also during
postal or other advance voting in most elections I know of,
campaigning keeps going on all the way until voting stops.

Whether or not that is a good thing is another question, and we might
well decide that campaigning should stop after voting starts in NCUC
elections. But so far we haven't had such a rule and it is obviously
too late to make one for this election.

But good that you brought it up, the new EC would be well advised
to consider it and make the rules clear before next election.

--
Tapani Tarvainen