[NCUC-DISCUSS] Human Rights Session Starting Now at G.03/04

Zalnieriute, Monika Monika.Zalnieriute at EUI.eu
Thu Nov 3 13:29:11 CET 2016

Dear All,

During this discussion, as we are in the room, I would like to say that the Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs), in my view, is hardly something more than the tautology, just like Privacy By Design. Can someone provide me with any evidence, empirical research, or anything at all (beyond the same tautology that PIA is very valuable) pointing they had made any actual difference? I would be grateful for that.

I know there has been a massive obsession with PIAs (or maybe exploitation of buzzwords in grantwriting!) in Universiteit Brussels years ago, cooperating with 'Trilateral Research Consulting', and so on. And I share project link

http://www.piafproject.eu/
PIAF - Privacy Impact Assessment Frameworks<http://www.piafproject.eu/>
www.piafproject.eu
Home. In some ways, Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) are the culmination, in the privacy protection field, of social, political and legal processes of more than 50 ...

if someone is interested, to see who is writing it, and what is the EU-funded project on that.

Best wishes,

Monika

----

Dr. Monika Zalnieriute

Melbourne Law School | The University of Melbourne I law.unimelb.edu.au I

Center for Media, Data and Society I Central European University I cmds.ceu.edu I
Executive Committee I Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group I ICANN I icann.org I
Z E P H I R O : Progressive Platform for Human Rights I zephiroplatform.org I
Centre for Internet & Human Rights I European University Viadrina I cihr.eu I