[NCUC-DISCUSS] Support for Tatiana Tropina for EC

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Sat Nov 19 20:18:24 CET 2016

Dear members:
Going into the elections, I'd like to express my support for Tatiana on the Executive Committee.

I think both candidates from the European region are good and would be willing to do the work, but Tatiana has more long-term direct engagement in NCUC. I think this would make a positive difference in the governance of the constituency.

NCUC EC members are responsible for both administrative duties and for outreach and recruiting in their regions. It's good to have a 360 degree view of how ICANN and the GNSO work. Tatiana has attended 3 or 4 ICANN meetings since 2013, and did extensive work on the human rights working party during the transition. This has given her a real feel for ICANN's cross-community working groups, the internal politics of ICANN and how we need to strategically allocate our resources to have maximum effect. Moreover, Tatiana has already been active and very effective in outreach. She has, for example, attended the SEEDIG (South Eastern European Dialogue on Internet Governance) and the ITU WSIS Forum and did an amazing job of raising awareness of NCUC there. From her strategic position in Germany as part of a growing network of cybercrime/cybersecurity experts, she is well-positioned to keep ICANN and NCUC in the awareness of the broader Internet governance community.

In short, I have confidence that Tatiana would be one of the best EC contributors.

Dr. Milton L. Mueller
Professor, School of Public Policy
Georgia Institute of Technology