[NCUC-DISCUSS] Berkman Center to review the proposal to NTIA

avri doria avri at apc.org
Sun Mar 20 13:56:38 CET 2016

Hi,

I figure NTIA feels the need for outside institutional cover with
Congress.  Something they can attempt to call objective - and the fact
that they only observe ICANN from afar instead of getting into it with
the rest of us, will be a criteria of objectivity for some.

though I do admit some irritation of having so much money spent on the
elite institution, but that is a personal prejudice as a US taxpayer who
is not very respectful of Berkman outputs - from previous reports I have
seen in the ATRT, I think they generally do more to support their
ideology than they do to review ICANN accountability.  I am also not
convinced they have any clear notions on how a multistakeholder process
works within their ideology.

avri