[NCUC-DISCUSS] Berkman Center to review the proposal to NTIA

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Sat Mar 19 16:53:14 CET 2016

I would have done a call for proposals, and I would have favored in my
assessment criteria a university consortium from a range of countries
that had Internet governance experience and strong academic credentials,
with economic (market) and civil society participation.
Not that hard to do....they blew it.  The European Commission does this
kind of tendering all the time.....they would know better, I suspect,
than to sole source this one.  Too important.
Not that Berkman is per se bad....just US based and an ICANN regular.
steph