[NCUC-DISCUSS] 2017 ICANN Meetings

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:05:38 CET 2016

Hi

James, thanks for the great addition to this debate
Ayden, you also have my support and certainly North/Northeast on this.

I'm always complaining how regional issues and diversity should not be a
topic only for a few groups but for everyone. Today it is the LAC region to
be unseen in ICANN strategies, yesterday there was other and tomorrow it
will be another.

I believe it is clear in the history of ICANN how the multitude of the
Caribbean has been under represented. One can only hope that debating the
strategic role for the Americas can bring engagement in under represented
regions such as North/Northeast of South America and french, dutch and
spanish speaking Americas.

You'll also find great expertise among other ICANN participants in the
Caribbean such as Chistelle Vaval (Haiti), Bionda Fonseca (Curacao), Wanda
Peña (RD) among so many others.

Dream feature request for ICANN Wiki: add yourself to the region you want
or create you own :)

All the best

Renata