[NCUC-DISCUSS] New Blog Post by Stephanie Perrin

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Jun 3 15:23:55 CEST 2016

Thanks Ayden, yes the group has been kind enough to invite me and cover
my air transportation both times, so I can confirm that the DPAs do have
an abiding interest in ICANN privacy issues.  I hope it will prove to be
a worthwhile investment of our travel funds, I am certainly doing my
best to promote interest in our ongoing privacy and access battles in
the RDS PDP.

The amount of work the DPAs have to do just to keep putting their
fingers in the dykes to hold back the floods of personal data invasion
these days is truly overwhelming, and I am not one to be easily
disheartened.  From smart watches to drones and phone apps, Facebook and
smart cars, government data sharing and LE surveillance, they have a ton
of work to do; I am amazed at the staying power of some who have been at
it for years.  I think they are grateful to receive a digested briefing
on all the technicalities of ICANN, as it is a steep learning curve to
figure out all things WHOIS.

Kind regards,
Stephanie