[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Info] NCUC schedule for Helsinki meeting (27th - 30th June)

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 03:36:19 CEST 2016

Hi Everyone,

I am sending here the information regarding the ICANN meeting  in Helsinki
so you can participate effectively either there  or remotely (remote
participation is available).  We are  less than 2 weeks away from the
meeting and it is time to prepare.

This meeting is following a new format, it is called Policy meeting. As the
name indicates, it will be mostly about policy discussion with several
sessions for PDP and cross-community working groups. There won't be a
public forum, constituency day or meeting with the board. Thanks of that
format, it is good opportunity for those interested to catch up with the
policy discussion and joining working groups at that time. There should be
also several background material available.

Info will be shared via our twitter account @ncuc and our website ncuc.org .
We will also use our new chat space ncuc.chat  to discuss during the
meeting and share info and tips.

*1- Schedule*

* the full ICANN meeting schedule with all sessions, it uses "sched"
service, several folks are familiar with, and so it is possible to register
and manage your calendar more easily :
*https://meetings.icann.org/en/icann56-sched
<https://meetings.icann.org/en/icann56-sched>*
We also planned a wrap-up session for NCUC and still waiting info.

*2- Highlights*

The topics of interests are:

- ICANN accountability discussion to initiate workstream 2 with a full-day
meeting

- new gTLD program review and preparation for subsequent rounds

- Rights Protection Mechanisms.

- Registeration Directory Services

the list of cross-community topics is here
https://community.icann.org/display/ccmeetschedplan/Meeting+Schedule+Planning

*3- How to prepare for the meeting*

you can prepare by reading some material:

* Reading the  "GNSO background" briefing which will give summary of the
different active GNSO working group and policy processes that will be
discussed in Helsinki. You can find it here
http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/background-briefings .

   1. list of ongoing processes in GNSO and their status is here:
   http://gnso.icann.org/en/meetings/projects-list.pdf
   2. GNSO policy activities: http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/policy
   3. Latest PDP updates http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/pdp-updates
   4. Special page for ICANN meeting (to be updated soon)
   http://gnso.icann.org/en/icannmeeting

you can find all relevant info to navigate in GNSO website in this single
page
http://gnso.icann.org/sites/gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/presentations/policy-efforts.htm

* listening to the ICANN policy update webinar for Helsinki meeting
*https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2016-06-02-en
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2016-06-02-en> *scheduled for the
16th June to get the latest information about all policies within ICANN.

* And checking the latest relevant announcement  here:
https://www.icann.org/news/announcements also ICANN blog, blog.icann.org,
 andthe hashtag  #ICANN56 in twitter

*3- Additional Info*

please fill the doodle poll if you are going to attend ICANN meeting, it
will be a good opportunity to meet there:
*http://doodle.com/poll/5mck3md9ics8e3up
<http://doodle.com/poll/5mck3md9ics8e3up>*

Finally if you have any question, please send a message offlist, I will be
happy to respond.

Invites will be sent soon, also reminders and highlights during the
Helsinki meeting to keep you updated.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Rafik Dammak