[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Info] Updates about IGF from NCUC side

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 13:36:21 CEST 2016

hi everyone,

I am sending this to share some information. For NCUC we submitted 2
workshops for IGF in Mexico:

   - Reality of the Answerability of multistakeholder model
   <http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf2016/index.php/proposal/view_public/86>
   - The power of the noncommercial users on the Internet
   <http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf2016/index.php/proposal/view_public/91>

Both of them were approved! We had to work in tight schedule and submit the
proposals.  In previous editions, NCUC submitted 1 workshop and we are
continuing this as part of our outreach effort.

In particular, for the second workshop regarding noncommercial users. we
will solicit input and ideas since it will be really a good showcase for
non-commercial. looking forward your suggestions and comments.

As per the NCUC special financial request for Fiscal Year 2017(FY17) which
was approved, NCUC got 2 travel slots for IGF for outreach efforts and
conditioned by the approval of NCUC IGF workshop by IGF MAG.  The travel
slots will be allocated to those who have role organising the workshop and
so on. However, the EC didn't decide yet about the allocation and we will
give more updates later regarding that.

In addition to that, NCUC is supporting the organization of  the civil
society day at IGF (at Day 0) and Farzaneh as NCSG representative in the
program committee will liaise and give us updates.

In addition to that, several NCUC members are organizing their own
workshops. When time is close to the IGF, we will share more information
about workshops, schedules, solicit input and so on, also coordinating NCUC
activities there. so please stay tuned.

Best Regards,

Rafik