[NCUC-DISCUSS] 答复: Final Selection Results of ICANN Mentor Pilot Program

Milan, Stefania Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu
Tue Jan 26 21:25:39 CET 2016

I cannot think of a better match! Congrats to both, this will go a long way.

Well done EC [&#X1f60a]

________________________________
Da: Ncuc-discuss <ncuc-discuss-bounces at lists.ncuc.org> per conto di Tuhaise Robert <tuhaiserobert at gmail.com>
Inviato: martedì 26 gennaio 2016 20.10
A: Peter Green
Cc: NCUC-discuss
Oggetto: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] 答复: Final Selection Results of ICANN Mentor Pilot Program

Congs to Kathy and Padmini

On Jan 26, 2016 7:05 PM, "Peter Green" <seekcommunications at hotmail.com<mailto:seekcommunications at hotmail.com>> wrote:
Dear NCUCers,

We are a day behind the deadline to announce the selection results of the Mentor Pilot Program.
Apology for this belated announcement.

After a call for selecting a Mentor and a Mentee for the current round of ICANN Mentor Pilot Program, on behalf of the EC, now I would like to report to you the EC’s final selection results.

It is impressed that we received 4 formal applications for the Mentor (in chronological order):
1. Dr. Tatiana Tropina, Germany
2. Remmy Nweke, Nigeria
3. Kathy Kleiman, female, USA
4. Carlos Vera Quintana, Ecuador

We received 12 formal applications for the Mentee (in chronological order):

1. Soumya Iyer, female, India
2. Patrick Lenihan, Canada
3. Isaque Joaquim, Mozambique
4. Ayden Fabien Férdeline, UK
5. Benjamin Akinmoyeje, Nigeria
6. Sana Ali, female, Canada
7. Melaku Girma, Ethiopia
8. James Njoroge Gitau, Kenya
9. Renata Aquino Ribeiro, female, Brazil
10. Padmini Baruah, female, India
11. Tuhaise Robert, Uganda
12. Nobert Komlan Glapke, Togo

Firstly, for the Mentor position, the EC agrees to select Kathy Kleiman, one of the co-founders of NCUC, as the Mentor. Since the inception of NCUC, she has been being active and is experienced, nice to mentor. Honored and glad to have Kathy for the Mentor.

Then when it comes to selection of a Mentee, the EC did have much difficulty when reviewing and selecting. We had such a good pool of candidates, some of whom have been around NCUC for a year or two, some of whom are new members for even only months, some of whom have been in ICANN meetings, ICANN Fellows, Next-Gen members. All of them have expressed interest to learn.

According to the criteria and context requirements listed in the call, the EC finally comes to select Padmini Baruah, a female student from India, as the Mentee.

As is agreed, we truly need a person who has strong wish to learn, to be engaged in the work of ICANN and NCUC. After the mentoring, we need him or her to sustain interest and energy to keep up with NCUC mission, that is, to contribute ideas and do policy comment work to ICANN to make our voices heard.
In this thread, we select Padmini, who was then endorsed by Edward Morris, James Gannon, Arun Mohan Sukumar, etc. We learnt that she had done some remarkable work on DIDP and transparency.

We did note Avri’s suggestion that, after completion of this Program, we need Kathy and Padmini to produce some advice to ICANN to improve and expand the program.

Again, it is due to this call that we see so many excellent volunteers who express their wish to learn and be involved in this community, for which we truly embrace. We could have our own Mentors and Mentees. In future, we may have to ask ICANN to expand the number of Mentors and Mentees for NCUC. For those who agree with this idea, you are encouraged to select your Mentor.

Any comments and thoughts to improve our work would be appreciated.
Wish the Mentor Pilot Program a great success.

Thank you so much for your interest, time and energy.

(Before announcing the final results, I sadly got to know from Amr what happed to Rafik.
Condolence to him. I know we are all with him in this hard moment.)

Best Regards
Zuan Zhang/Peter Green