[NCUC-DISCUSS] the internet increases inequality

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 13:11:17 CET 2016

Hi

The press coverage of the World Bank’s 360 page report has been sensationalist and misrepresents the analysis.  It’d be better to read for oneself than rely on the drive-by interpretations of people paid for instant opinions  http://www.worldbank.org/en/publication/wdr2016 <http://www.worldbank.org/en/publication/wdr2016>.

Best

Bill

> On Jan 25, 2016, at 19:36, Nuno Garcia <ngarcia at ngarcia.net> wrote:
>
> Hi DeeDee, good pointer!
>
> I sense a lot of misuse of good information here.
>
> Surely these guys are joking, as much in the same manner, we can all say (and possibly, more accurately) "Celebrating the new year increases inequality".
>
> Is really the Internet to blame?
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Nuno Garcia (Portugal)
>
> On 25 January 2016 at 17:47, DeeDee Halleck <deedeehalleck at gmail.com <mailto:deedeehalleck at gmail.com>> wrote:
> http://www.fastcompany.com/3055498/fast-feed/the-internet-is-increasing-inequality-says-the-world-bank <http://www.fastcompany.com/3055498/fast-feed/the-internet-is-increasing-inequality-says-the-world-bank>
>
> xx
> dd
> --
> http://www.deepdishwavesofchange.org <http://www.deepdishwavesofchange.org/>

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  www.williamdrake.org <http://www.williamdrake.org/>
The Working Group on Internet Governance - 10th Anniversary Reflections
New book at https://www.apc.org/en/WGIG <https://www.apc.org/en/WGIG>