[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN Mentor Pilot Programme Application

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:51:31 CET 2016

Hi Glen and all,

Isn't " the occasional ambitious individuals"  enough for us? As a
fellowship alumni who has benefitted from the program and has more exposure
to the program I can give you a couple of answers.

First, the fellowship program had a survey and here is the result. It's
about the fellows view of the program and how active they are.
 https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/fellowship-alumni-survey-results-28may15-en.pdf
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/fellowship-alumni-survey-results-28may15-en.pdf>

Second, I spot at least two very active members who were a part of the
fellowship program in NCUC. That's not enough of course but again it does
show that the efforts don't go wasted.

Third, the pareto rule 20/80 applies to the fellowship program as well.

Fourth, NCUC has also benefited from Next Gen (some of our members were a
part of that program and are active)

Fifth, it is upto us to talk to the fellows and get them active. Rafik has
done a great job by getting in touch with them and we still do.

I think these programs are much more effective than just receiving travel
support .

Best

Farzaneh

Farzaneh