[NCUC-DISCUSS] Final message from me as NCUC chair

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 16:46:04 CET 2016

Dear NCUC members,

With the announcement the election results, we are transitioning to a new
elected Executive Committee for NCUC so it can start working in due time
and there are already several tasks waiting for them.

With that, my term as NCUC chair should end. Farzaneh is the new NCUC
chair. I wish her good luck in her new role and I am happy to support her
for the coming months. I had the pleasure to have her as member in the EC
and I am confident that she will do a good job. I trust Farzaneh will do
more and being successful to serve NCUC. The EC and herself will need all
the support we provide.

I wanted to thank all NCUC members who trusted me for the last year, also
the members of the 2015-2016 Executive committee. Serving the
non-commercial was a pleasure, while not always easy due to the growing
expectations and challenges.

When I was elected last year, I was hoping to do many things and  thought
about running in that office in the next years to achieve that. However,
2016 was not easy at a personal level and I reached conclusion that would
be better to move to another position. There are always some regrets
regarding what I could more or better, however I can ensure you that I did
them with good faith and tried to do my best. I am also evaluating my
actions and shortcomings.

We tried to improve many things the last months with regard to
administrative tasks, planning for meetings, outreach efforts, appointments
to different positions and amending the NCUC bylaws. This lay groundwork
for  next steps such as working on procedures etc. The work of chair and EC
is always a continuous improvement of what was done before and preparing
for what will be done next.

I will be glad to continue my support for NCUC and helping the members by
mentorship or respond to questions and inquiries.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Rafik Dammak