[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Info] Call for candidates for NCUC Delegate to the ICANN 2017 Nominating Committee

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Aug 3 08:25:55 CEST 2016

Hi

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 21:53, Dan Krimm <dan at musicunbound.com> wrote:
>
> In any case, I wonder if former NomCom reps might still be available to new
> ones for an orientation session?  Is there anything that can be presented
> about how NomCom generally works "informally" (how to best get up to speed
> in the first year) that would not violate the NDA?  Can a "handbook" be
> created for new NomCom reps?
>
> Something to think about for after you term out.  Is there some way we can
> avoid having each newbie have to reinvent the wheel from scratch?  I
> suppose something like this might already happen informally, but even if so
> I also wonder if there is any utility to formalizing it a bit by writing it
> down (and having each current rep keep it up to date)?

Thanks Dan. Our hope is that these issues can addressed at the NomCom level, as they apply to all reps.   There’s some things we can do there and we have a boot up call Friday.  Other stuff would require structural changes, these can be discussed in the context of the next Board-initiated NomCom review that is supposed to commence February 2017.

Best

Bill