[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Info] Call for candidates for NCUC Delegate to the ICANN 2017 Nominating Committee

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Tue Aug 2 20:11:24 CEST 2016

Hi Dan

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 19:02, Dan Krimm <dan at musicunbound.com> wrote:
>
> So it was a sort of triumvirate, where one individual had the actual
> decision-making power (and made the largest time commitment), but the
> veteran was available on-call for advice and institutional memory, while a
> less-experienced individual was systematically looking-in and learning the
> ropes as an observer.
>
> This would probably be a bit cumbersome for all NCUC representative
> positions, but if the learning curve issue is important enough in this
> case, perhaps something from this idea might be incorporated for this case?

Thanks for the interesting suggestion.  But again, NomCom members sign a NonDisclosure Agreement and participate on a confidential basis.  NCUC doesn’t get to change the rules and have a second person, no way ICANN or other parts of the community go for this.  I suppose one could conceive of such a thing for GNSO Council, but not the NomCom.

Cheers

Bill