[NCUC-DISCUSS] 2016 NomCom Feb-Mar Report Card

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Fri Apr 29 13:09:06 CEST 2016

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for this and for your continued efforts to let us know what actually goes on in the NomCom. Please forgive my ignorance, but I have two questions:

1. I noticed that there are members of the NomCom subcommittees, even Chairs (congratulations Wolfgang!), who do not appear to be on the NomCom. Is this a correct assertion and, if so, how are they chosen?

2. There is a travel subcommittee dealing with things such as visa issues. I presume their remit is limited to NomCom? If not, what is it and, if so, do you have any idea how successful they have been in mitigating obstacles to travel for NomCom members? Based upon what you do know, would you suggest we try something similar, a standing committee on travel, on Council or in the NCUC?

Thanks for considering and thanks for all of your hard work on our behalf on the NomCom.

Best,

Ed

Sent from my iPhone