[NCUC-DISCUSS] [NCUC-EC] Replacement on Cross Community WorkingGroup on Internet Governance

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Tue Apr 12 19:44:43 CEST 2016

In any event, most of these active participants appear to want to keep it as a CCWG.  Reasonable people can differ as to whether this is the right call, but that’s where we are.  I have never heard anyone who is involved suggest that the thing be shut down

MM: Of course not. This is exactly why I am pushing for shutting it down. Many of the people who are involved (and I am not talking about NCUC people) are having a good time, but the CCWG is not doing its job any more. It’s just creating a platform for certain people to seize control of. And yes, I agree with you that some of the sessions they organized have been good. The longer the thing hangs around, however, the more it drifts away from the original impetus for its existence and becomes subordinate to certain personal or internal to ICANN agendas.

So my suggestion would be to replenish the group with fresh representation and inter alia suggest consideration of the same for the leadership.  That might help.

MM: I like your choice of words. Might help. My concern is how do you really re-vitalize the working methods and change its course significantly unless you shut down the existing one and start anew? I don’t see how NCSG replacing its members solves any of the problems we are talking about.