[NCUC-DISCUSS] [NCUC-EC] Replacement on Cross Community WorkingGroup on Internet Governance

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 22:49:03 CEST 2016

Hi

+1 for Matthew and Wolfgang points on the continuation of the working group.

I`ve also already sent directly to Bill an email thanking him for his
efforts and I would add that Marilia`s presence in this group is also
very welcoming for the very few of us from LAC participating there.

My criticism to this group was that it should be more diverse in its
panels, but this is an all over request in ICANN. Farzaneh Badii`s
contributions there were also notable and a change on this arena. The
presence of Rafik as co-chair is also very important.

The dilemmas within the group when obstacles continue to be posed by
some of its actors, as Bill mentioned, could be solved via
subcommittee or subgroups. The idea was already proposed there, not
sure why it did not move forward.

I am a newcomer but I not many of my contributions there most of the
times, I am not the only one and this is probably not the only space
this happens in ICANN. Even so, I believe the group may be one of the
spaces where ICANN can integrate more views, while also participating
in other debates, a bridge to communicate to the rest of the world (or
at least IG world). And I would still suggest the key debate on
fragmentation also continues there and this focus gets support from
NCUC. It did on SSIG as the students created working groups that
continue to go on.

Best,

Renata