[NCUC-DISCUSS] Panama Papers - privacy, data and media manipulation - Re: Information Internet

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Sun Apr 10 20:43:38 CEST 2016

And I suppose that comes down to part of my point is that the curation of information release that is being done is a good thing even though some may argue that its counter to transparent operations etc.

Its one thing for a prime minister to create a shell corporation to stash assets to avoid tax.
Its another thing for a person to create a Panama corporation to ensure the complete privacy of their clients when dealing with high sensitivity matters for example.

This is why I have little problem with the curated publishing of information that has a public good element such as politicians but wouldn’t support a wholesale disclosure ala wikileaks proposal.

-James