[NCUC-DISCUSS] Event ICANN and the future of IG in Rio de Janeiro

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 00:13:11 CEST 2015

Dear NCUCers,

I would like to share with you attached the program of the event "ICANN and
the future of Internet Governance" that the Center For Technology and
Society of FGV and ICANN are co-organising on the 14th of September here in
Rio de Janeiro. I have been working with Daniel Fink, responsible for
Stakeholder Management Engagement in Brazil, and we attracted a good
non-initiated crowd of attendees.

The event will be comprised of four sessions: 1. Introduction to ICANN and
its role in the context of Internet governance; 2. Transition of
the IANA functions and ICANN's accountability;  3. ICANN and
development: conditions for greater competitiveness on the domain name
sector; 4. ICANN and Human Rights.

The purpose is to update the interested community and to debate how to
strengthen the participation of developing regions of the world in the
Organization.

Unfortunately, there will not be streaming, but the sessions will be
recorded and made available online. It will probably be interesting to our
Portuguese/Spanish speaking members.

We are also planning to write a blog post with an overview of the
discussions for ICANN Latin-american newsletter. If you think it is useful,
we could translate into English and publish in NCUC website?

Best wishes,
Marília

--
*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora - Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio

DiploFoundation associate - www.diplomacy.edu
PoliTICs Magazine Advisory Committee - http://www.politics.org.br/
Subscribe "Digital Rights: Latin America & the Caribbean" -
http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en