[NCUC-DISCUSS] Thanks Roy!

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Sun Nov 22 23:35:56 CET 2015

 Hi everybody,

 With the election for the NCUC EC due to begin tomorrow I wanted to take a
moment to pay tribute and offer my thanks to a departing EC member, Roy
Balleste. Roy, despite recently having to deal with some pretty substantial
things that appeared unasked for in his life, has been an exceptional
representative on the EC for North America during the past two years.
Through his work on WHOIS and in setting up the Internet Governance Digital
Portal, in conjunction with St. Thomas University, Roy has made a lasting
contribution on behalf of noncommercial users in the ICANN and in the
internet governance worlds. His cooperative nature combined with his
intelligence and pure common sense always made the experience of working
with Roy a pleasant and fruitful one and the results of his work will
benefit all of us well into the future.

 Thank you very much Roy for your hard work and service to our community
the past few years on the NCUC EC. I know we all look forward to working
with you in other capacities as we work together to strengthen the voice of
the noncommercial user in the internet governance community.

 Thanks again.

 Best,

 Ed Morris