[NCUC-DISCUSS] priorities

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:31:08 CEST 2015

Thanks DD
Yes, its worthy noting but for me since the cannot liaise with Civil
Society groups, we may need to initiate that process across the globe as
that missing link is what is pushing efforts backwards, knowing fully well
that their congressional agenda cannot be same with CSOs.

So thought harmonisation and strategically engaging the parliamentarians,
otherwise they lead us off the rail.
Have a nice day.

Remmy Nweke
@ITRealms

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Kathy Kleiman <kathy at kathykleiman.com>
wrote:

>  I see the very same gap, DeeDee. It would be nice if Freedom of
> Expression and Free Speech groups were represented...
> Best,
> Kathy
>
> On 5/13/2015 11:26 AM, DeeDee Halleck wrote:
>
> watching Congress discuss ICANN
> the hearings today make it clear what is the priority list for
> Congressional concern:
> Top of the list: copyright protection
> next: security, law enforcement
>
>  no mention of open access, protection of communication rights, human
> rights.
>
>  xx
> dd
>

>  --
>  http://www.deepdishwavesofchange.org

____
REMMY NWEKE,  Lead Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd [*Multiple-award winning medium*]
(DigitalSENSE Business News
<http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng/businessnews>; ITREALMS
<http://www.itrealms.com.ng>, NaijaAgroNet <http://www.naijaagronet.com.ng>)
Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza, Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475, T: @ITRealms
<http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in Nigeria
<https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeriaā€ˇ>
*Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
any copies. Violators may face court persecution.