[NCUC-DISCUSS] [CCWG-ACCT] Memo on Fundamental Bylaws & Legal Liability of Members

Arun Sukumar arun.sukumar at nludelhi.ac.in
Sat Jun 20 22:39:56 CEST 2015

Hi Jordan, the California Corporate Code seems pretty clear on this: all
"corporate activities", which presumably include changes in bylaws, shall
be exercised under the "ultimate authority of the board".

I'm frankly a little confused by the legal counsel that says changes to
bylaws can be made without board approval. Where's this being drawn from? A
statutory provision? If so, I'vent seen it. I suppose what the law firms
could be referring to is the board passing a resolution saying, "here, we
authorise you to change bylaws without approval". But that can easily be
changed through another board resolution.

--
-