[NCUC-DISCUSS] Departing the chair

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Mon Dec 7 09:59:45 CET 2015

Hi

Thanks Ed, but let’s not go overboard, NCUC most certainly existed in more than name prior!  But we did manage to make some good progress over the last three years with outreach, inreach, engagement, transparency, events, creation of teams, travel support, expansion of the website, improvement of relations with the rest of the community, and a lot of administrative junk nobody would want to hear about but is essential to keeping the network functioning.  So I’m content enough, even if some things I’d have liked to happen couldn’t progress enough.  I’m very confident that the new team (along with the new NCSG team) will be taking further steps toward strengthening civil society’s cohesion, work and standing in ICANNistan.  In the meanwhile, I’m looking forward to deleting thousands of saved messages...

So many thanks to colleagues on the EC and in the general membership for their support.  Let’s keep moving forward.

Cheers

Bill

PS: And with my new hat now on just one head, please remember the NomCom process….we have a lot of important slots to fill in the coming year, so any and all help with recruitment of top notch candidates will be appreciated and important.