[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Diversity Matters

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Aug 21 17:00:32 CEST 2015

Hi

> On Aug 5, 2015, at 1:12 PM, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> wrote:
>
> In order to get a better sense of our own diversity (which I suspect we may not all realize), I asked Maryam on 24 July to embark on a new project in the ten hours per week she does for us: to figure out and post to the website the geographic and gender make-up of the NCUC membership.  It would be good to maintain and update such a profile going forward. As usual Tapani being the king of the data base has been helping, and has so far come up with the following break-down:

Our geo-sleuths have now added a best estimate to http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/ <http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/>.

429 members, count by region

AF	76
AP	86
EUR	105
LAC	44
NA	100
unknown	18

Which is pretty balanced and interesting—less than 25% North American is hardly the norm in ICANNstan.  It’d be interesting to know what the comparable figures are for other GNSO constituencies, and indeed for other SOs and ACs.

Cheers

Bill