[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Delegate to the ICANN 2016 NominatingCommittee

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Aug 6 13:17:02 CEST 2015

On 05-Aug-15 15:58, Subrenat, Jean-Jacques wrote:
> - Best practices on selection procedures make clear that putting forward a name prior to an open call for candidates frequently has a deterrent effect on the willingness of some members to declare their candidacy, and may influence both the selection process and the final outcome.

Are you suggesting we should stifle such prior  support?

Isn't that how elections work, we all start talking about our candidates
and who is willing to take on a task before getting format about it.

I would be very much opposed to any actiion, formal or informal to
stifle discussion on this list.

avri

---