[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Survey Results Analysis - Part I

Dan Krimm dan at musicunbound.com
Mon Apr 27 04:26:42 CEST 2015

All taken to heart, here -- the sysadmin issue is a big deal.

Here's my question:

I wonder if there may be some sort of hybrid deal whereby a stakeholder or
constituency group might arrange with ICANN to choose a platform for our
use that is maintained by ICANN staff?  ICANN would get to veto a
suggestion if it isn't workable, but then we'd get a better chance of
finding something that fits our needs better and is more under our control,
with ICANN staff configuring it to our needs.  Maybe volunteers could
consult at the outset for initial configuration, but then ICANN staff
maintains it going forward?

Obviously we can't go hog-wild with this, so we'd need to consider options
judiciously so as not to undermine the whole proposition.  Is there any
chance that ICANN admin would go for something like this?

Dan