[NCUC-DISCUSS] Final NCUC survey reminder

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Apr 3 11:49:57 CEST 2015

Hello

Just to reinforce the message below: we would really appreciate it if people could take 10-15 minutes and complete the survey that Walid developed in coordination with the two dozen folks working in the Membership Affair Team (MAT) http://www.ncuc.org/participate/working-teams/ <http://www.ncuc.org/participate/working-teams/>.  This effort was prompted in particular by a discussion thread on this list last November during the election cycle [see e.g. http://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-discuss/2014-November/016682.html <http://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-discuss/2014-November/016682.html> and related] about the challenges, especially for newer members, of figuring out the lay of the land and finding a personally suitable level of engagement in the somewhat complex and process-heavy world of GNSO/ICANN via NCUC/NCSG.  That conversation led to the rebooting of the MAT under Walid’s baton, and then to the development of the questionnaire.  This is an effort by members volunteers to help their peers get more out of being part of our community.  Everyone is busy and spread thin, so we have to optimize the use of our time, and having a good response to the survey will make it easier to assess the options and organize efforts to make things easier for everyone.

Your help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

> On Apr 1, 2015, at 8:43 PM, Walid AL-SAQAF <walid.al-saqaf at ims.su.se> wrote:
>
> Dear NCUC members,
>
> If you have already filled the NCUC member engagement survey, you can disregard this email. And thank you for your contribution.
>
> If not, then please note that the survey deadline, which was yesterday (March 31), has now been extended two more weeks to April 14 to give you more time to fill it.
>
> Please fill the survey at http:// <http://goo.gl/XlwyQL>goo.gl <http://goo.gl/XlwyQL>/ <http://goo.gl/XlwyQL>XlwyQL <http://goo.gl/XlwyQL> before April 15 to have your voice heard. Your perspective is important to us.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Walid Al-Saqaf
> NCUC Membership Affairs Team Coordinator

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org