[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC @ IGF Istanbul + MAG

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 12:01:12 CEST 2014

Hi

For anyone who is interested, the transcripts http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf-2014/igf2014-transcripts and videos https://www.youtube.com/user/igf of the workshops organized by NCUC and its members are now online.  The secretariat did not link these from the Sched pages reference below (which I’ve raised with them), so you’d have to follow the links from the just mentioned old MAG list of approved workshops.

Two related notes:

*The little multi-author project I edited that was released on Day 0 (see bottom) is being reformatted for publication by the USC Press as a proper e-book, will let you know when available.

*I have now served for three years on the IGF’s Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) and want to rotate off in the next cycle.  Nominations for the next MAG are open until 20 October http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/mag-nomination.  It’d be great if some members threw their hat in the ring for collective endorsement, which I suppose should be done at the SG level.  And if they also got endorsements by other CS coalitions like the IG Caucus, Best Bits, or APC, they’d be in even better shape when the UN DESA works its dark magic and selects for us (grrr…).  Civil society desperately needs to have serious and strategically oriented representatives who will work together to advance CS’s objectives in an environment where NETmundial has endorsed the IGF strengthening we’d long advocated but conservative proponents of a staid status quo are quite good at process bending.  So I hope some good people will consider this possibility and seek nominations.

Thanks,

Bill