[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCPH Intersessional meeting in DC 12-13 January 2015

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 23:57:23 CET 2014

Thanks Kathy for this insight, that has been one of the sermons I have been
preaching for some times. We need to encourage new participants by
injecting new blood into our various organs.
Remmy

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Kathy Kleiman <kathy at kathykleiman.com>
wrote:

>  Hi Bill,
> I would be happy to attend and need no travel funds (since I live in DC).
> I think these meetings can be very strategic, and if organized well, very
> useful. I think it would be a good idea to mix our marvelous new
> participants with those of us who have lived in the trenches over many
> years.
> Best,
> Kathy (Kleiman):
>
> Hi
>
>  *Warning: long message ahead*
>
>  I have mentioned several times at our Constituency Day meetings and on
> the list that there is a intersessional meeting of the NonContracted
> Parties House (NCPH) scheduled for Washington DC Monday-Tuesday January
> 12-13. If resources can be found, there could also be a sort of outreach
> session in the morning of the 14th geared toward DC civil society groups,
> think tanks, etc.  The latter is very much TBD.
>
>  We did one of these two years ago in LA, and the documents are here
> https://community.icann.org/display/ncph/InterSessional+-+January+2013
>
>  The recording and transcripts for the planning of the 2015 meeting are
> here
> https://community.icann.org/display/ncph/Planning%3A+Conference+Calls%2C+Recordings%2C+Transcripts
> <https://community.icann.org/display/ncph/Planning:+Conference+Calls,+Recordings,+Transcripts>.
>  The records of meeting we held just two days ago, which of course has the
> latest news, are attached to this message.
>
>  You don't need to have a Confluence wiki log-in to access these docs,
> but I think you do need one if you want to comment/edit etc.  I believe
> that anyone who wants to be active in GNSO-related work can get one, just
> shoot a note to one of the relevant staffers, e.g.
> maryam.bakoshi at icann.org, Glen at icann.org or nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
>
>  Anyway, the purpose of this meeting will be to take stock of common
> concerns among members of the non-contracted parties, i.e.
>
>  *Commercial Stakeholder Group*
> Business Constituency
> Intellectual Property Constituency
> Internet Service Providers Constituency
>
>  *NonCommercial Stakeholder Group*
> NonCommercial Users Constituency
> Not for Profit Operational Concerns Constituency
>
>  The trilateral negotiation between commercial, noncommercial, and staff
> can be a bit thick at times, but the basic idea is that this is an occasion
> to do things like a) try to improve dialogue and collaboration between the
> SGs on procedural responsibilities we share, like selecting a board member,
> a Vice Chair for the GNSO council, etc (these have been very painful in the
> past); b) provide an opportunity for brainstorming among the new
> representatives of the stakeholder groups and constituencies; and c) a
> chance to intensively interact with Fadi and staff on matters of common
> concern.
>
>  ICANN provides us with travel support as follows:

> [...]

____
REMMY NWEKE,
Lead Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
(publishers of) DigitalSENSE Business News;
ITREALMS, NaijaAgroNet
(Multiple-award winning medium)
Published by: DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza
Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475,
T: @ITRealms <http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
[Member, NIRA Executive Board]
Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in Nigeria
<https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeria>
NDS Forum on Internet Governance for Development (IG4D) 2015 <
http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng>- June 5
Nigeria IPv6 Roundtable 2015 <http://www.ipv6forumnigeria.ng> - June 6
@Welcome Centre Hotels. Register now. Email: remnekkv at gmail.com
*Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
any copies. Violators may face court persecution.