[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Consensus Call - GNSO Working Groups Consensus Levels document

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Fri May 2 12:44:40 CEST 2014

Hi again,

This is the second project coming out of the SCI at this time (attached to this email). It is a change to the decision-making levels’ designations in the GNSO Working Group Guidelines. This issue came up at the completion of the work being done bye the IGO/INGO WG, where there was no decision-making level designation in the guidelines that reflected the position of the WG.

In effect, there was consensus amongst the WG members “against” some of the recommendations being made, while the language in the guidelines don’t allow for consensus against recommendations, only consensus for. A footnote was added to the decision-making levels to clarify that this is possible.

I’m also ready to vote in favour of this recommendation. Anyone have any reservations or discussion points? Remember, the SCI only makes recommendations to the GNSO Council after exhaustive discussion and unanimous consensus (as per its charter) is achieved.

Thanks.

Amr

Begin forwarded message: