[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: Consensus Call? (Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Waivers/Exceptions to GNSO Operating Procedures: Revised Draft)

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Fri May 2 12:37:10 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I’m forwarding the first of two projects currently being wrapped up by the GNSO’s Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation (SCI). I’ll be forwarding the second one in a separate email. Both projects involve changes to the GNSO Operating Procedures, so will be published for public comment after being approved by the full committee and before going to the GNSO Council for approval.

This project concerns a mechanism to make allowances for waivers/exceptions to the ten-day rule of motions being submitted to the GNSO Council. The intent here is to allow for a waiver of the ten-day rule in the event of a motion being submitted past the deadline, and having already been thoroughly discussed and considered by the GNSO Council members. As per the SCI recommendation, this waiver is only possible if there is unanimous approval for it on a case-by-case basis amongst Council members.

I am personally ready to vote in favour of this recommendation on behalf of the NCUC, but was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it.

Thanks.

Amr

Begin forwarded message: