[NCUC-DISCUSS] Pre-ICANN 50 Webinar - Civil Society at ICANN

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 21:20:56 CEST 2014

Excellent initiative, Bill. Will certainly help to raise awareness and
prepare for our on-site meeting. Looking forward to see you on Friday.
Marília

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 4:06 PM, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> wrote:

> Hello
>
> As I have mentioned here previously, on Friday 20 June 16:30-19:00 BST we
> are organizing a civil society outreach meeting in London.  At present we
> received RSVPs from 23 NCUC members (individual or organizational) and 14
> non-ICANN CS people, which more hopefully to come; it should be a good
> meeting.  We are in the process of getting the remote participation
> organized; when staff have it ready, the details will be on the conference
> site, http://london50.icann.org/en/schedule/fri-civil-society.  The
> Agenda is there now.
>
> In addition, with staff we have set up an outreach webinar, similar to the
> one staff are doing for business.  This will be a brief introductory
> overview of plans and expectations from the standpoint of the different
> bits of the noncommercial world, with a bit of staff info added in.  It
> should serve as a good appetizer for the Friday meeting, and for London
> more generally.  Would be great to have NCUC folks there.  I guess they
> want people to register in advance, see below.
> https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-06-10-en
>
> I expect both the F2F outreach meeting and the webinar outreach event
> could become standard activities for us before each meeting.
>
> Bill
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>

> Please Join us for a Pre-ICANN 50 Webinar
>
> *Civil Society at ICANN: Everything you Need to Know about the ICANN
> Meeting in London*
>

> *Tuesday, June 17, 2014*
> *15:00 – 16:00 UTC*
>
>  *REGISTER HERE! <http://goo.gl/vnRGqK>*
>

> *Speakers*
>
> *William J. Drake*, ICANN Non-Commercial Users Constituency
> *Maria Farrell*, ICANN Non-Commerical Stakeholder Group
> *Klaus Stoll*, ICANN Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency
> *Chris Mondini*, Vice President, Stakeholder Engagement – North America &
> Global Business, ICANN
> *Nora Abusitta*, Vice President, Public Responsibility Programs, ICANN
>

> Civil society plays a key role in how the global Internet develops. ICANN,
> the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, is where
> organizations and individuals ensure noncommercial and not-for-profit
> interests and services are represented equally alongside other stakeholder
> groups in the Internet policy-making process. The presentation will be
> followed by open Q&A.
>

> *Register here <http://goo.gl/vnRGqK>*. <http://goo.gl/vnRGqK> For
> questions, please reply directly to this email.

> William J. Drake
> International Fellow & Lecturer
>   University of Zurich, Switzerland
>   ICANN, www.ncuc.org
> william.drake at uzh.ch (direct), wjdrake at gmail.com (lists),
>   www.williamdrake.org

*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora - Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio
Researcher and Coordinator - Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law
School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate - www.diplomacy.edu
PoliTICs Magazine Advisory Committee - http://www.politics.org.br/
Subscribe "Digital Rights: Latin America & the Caribbean" -
http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en