[NCUC-DISCUSS] Pre-ICANN 50 Webinar - Civil Society at ICANN

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Jun 11 21:06:41 CEST 2014

Hello

As I have mentioned here previously, on Friday 20 June 16:30-19:00 BST we are organizing a civil society outreach meeting in London.  At present we received RSVPs from 23 NCUC members (individual or organizational) and 14 non-ICANN CS people, which more hopefully to come; it should be a good meeting.  We are in the process of getting the remote participation organized; when staff have it ready, the details will be on the conference site, http://london50.icann.org/en/schedule/fri-civil-society.  The Agenda is there now.

In addition, with staff we have set up an outreach webinar, similar to the one staff are doing for business.  This will be a brief introductory overview of plans and expectations from the standpoint of the different bits of the noncommercial world, with a bit of staff info added in.  It should serve as a good appetizer for the Friday meeting, and for London more generally.  Would be great to have NCUC folks there.  I guess they want people to register in advance, see below. https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-06-10-en

I expect both the F2F outreach meeting and the webinar outreach event could become standard activities for us before each meeting.

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

> Please Join us for a Pre-ICANN 50 Webinar
>
> Civil Society at ICANN: Everything you Need to Know about the ICANN Meeting in London
>
> Tuesday, June 17, 2014
> 15:00 – 16:00 UTC
>
> REGISTER HERE!
>

> Speakers
>
> William J. Drake, ICANN Non-Commercial Users Constituency
> Maria Farrell, ICANN Non-Commerical Stakeholder Group
> Klaus Stoll, ICANN Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency
> Chris Mondini, Vice President, Stakeholder Engagement – North America & Global Business, ICANN
> Nora Abusitta, Vice President, Public Responsibility Programs, ICANN
>
> Civil society plays a key role in how the global Internet develops. ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, is where organizations and individuals ensure noncommercial and not-for-profit interests and services are represented equally alongside other stakeholder groups in the Internet policy-making process. The presentation will be followed by open Q&A.
>
> Register here. For questions, please reply directly to this email.

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org