[NCUC-DISCUSS] ntia

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Sun Jun 8 21:11:07 CEST 2014

Hi DeeDee,

Thank you!  The NTIA really hadn't taken a pro-human rights stand in its oversight, and mostly stayed out of issues, which is why this has been a big hole in accountability for years.  However the concern is that treatment of such rights would be given even less consideration without the NTIA.  Hearing the wishes expressed by members of the Govt Advisory Cmte (GAC) makes it fairly clear that many countries in the GAC would eviscerate any shred of rights if they could.  We have to create something new and its an incredible challenge.

Robin