[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fwd: Results of the First New gTLD Auction | ICANN New gTLDs

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Jun 6 16:38:16 CEST 2014

I will have this debate with you when all is said and done. And when we
can look at the overall numbers.  But enjoy your free-market capitalist
vindication for as long as it lasts.

In the meantime, I will just note that the Chinese have more US dollars
than most do - even if they call themselves a developing economy.  No
one has deeper pockets than the Chinese, and what I have said is that
deepest pockets win.  sure when both have deep pockets (and I expect the
chenes pockets are deeper than those at Afilias) then it is who values
it most.  Between capitalist titans, it is up to who wants it most.  You
are right.

cheers

avri