[NCUC-DISCUSS] Call for applications to fellowships - South School on Internet Governance

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Jan 10 09:58:28 CET 2014

Hello

Readers of this list will recall that NCUC participated in the first African School of IG in Durban.  In addition, NCUC members participate on the faculty of two longer-standing schools where we do capacity building on IG issues: The first was launched by our Wolfgang Kleinwachter in 2007 and is held every summer in Meissen, Germany;  the call for applications for this is supposed to come out in a few weeks and I’ll pass it along when it does.  The second was launched in 2009 by Olga Cavalli (Argentine rep to the GAC) and her husband Adrian and is geared toward the Latin America and Caribbean region, although fellows from other countries and regions are also welcome.  This year we’ll be in Trinidad and Tobago 28 April - 2 May, just after the big IG meeting in Sao Paulo mentioned here earlier, so out of region people could conceivably combine trips to that side of the planet, as I will try to do.  I imagine the faculty line-up will be similar to last year’s meeting in Panama http://www.cabubi.com.ar/archivossig/ssig2013/docentes

Anyway, I would strongly encourage interested NCUCers to consider applying for a fellowship to participate.  Details below.  Any questions, shoot Olga a note.

Best,

Bill

http://www.euro-ssig.eu

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Olga Cavalli <olgacavalli at gmail.com>
> Subject: Call for applications to fellowships - South School on Internet Governance
> Date: January 9, 2014 at 8:29:56 PM GMT+1
> To: William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch>
>
> Dear Bill,
> I hope this email finds you well and happy new year!
> We would like to invite the NCUC community to apply for fellowships to the Sixth South School on Internet Governance.
> Details about the SSIG can be found in its web site www.south-ssig.org, there is also a form to apply, in both languages English and Spanish.
> This year and in its sixth edition, the SSIG will take place for the first time in the Caribbean, others SSIG were in Buenos Aires (2009), Sao Paulo (2010), Mexico (2011), Bogotá (2012) and Panamá (2013).
> Fellowship includes course, accomodation, meals and activities during the five days, it does not include air ticket or transportation to and from the venue.
> Although focused in the Latin America and Caribbean region, fellows can come from other countries and regions as well.
> See more details in SSIG web site www.south-ssig.org, or send me and email.
> Attached you can find flyers that you can distribute as needed, in Spanish and English, also the dates and the twitter contact.
> Best regards and many thanks
> Olga
>

> Sixth South School on Internet Governance
> 28 April - 02 May 2014, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
> Call for applications open until 17 January! Apply for a fellowship!
> Visit: www.south-ssig.org
> @SSIGLAC
>
> Sexta Escuela del Sur de Gobernanza de Internet
> 28 de abril al 02 de mayo 2014, Port of Spain, Trinidad Tobago.
> Llamado a participar abierto hasta el 17 de Enero! Aplica por una beca!
> Visita: www.south-ssig.org
> @SSIGLAC

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer