[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC External Appointments for 2015

KASWESHA kaswesha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 11:03:30 CET 2014

Some times I feel much comfortably with a politer than hash language,
though  Robin and Milton, might have different opinions on different
matters or members I think polite language might someone support of most of
the members, for I know all of us are doing what we are doing for a good
course without malice and on voluntary basis. Having said that I Wish all
of you;

*"A HAPPY CHRISTMAS and A     PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR"  *

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <
ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info> wrote:

> On Dec 18 12:25, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:
>
> > The new Executive Committee will meet in Washington DC on 12 January
> > prior to the Noncontracted Parties House meeting. There we will need
> > to approve a number of appointments of 2015 NCUC reps to external
> > bodies. These include:
> >
> > 2 NCUC Reps. to the NCSG Executive Committee
> >
> > The EC does admin type stuff, particularly handling new member
> > applications. Robin Gross and Milton Mueller are presently our two
> > reps. If they wish to continue for another year there's no
> > prohibition on them doing so, and they have the knowledge and
> > experience these particular slots require. That said, other members
> > are also invited to throw their hats in the ring as well.
>
> OK, here goes. While I'm obviously outclassed by Robin and Milton,
> these are as you say admin type positions that don't need any
> deep substantive knowledge - indeed both Robin and Milton are
> actually way over-qualified, wasting their time there.
> I think I could do it well enough.
>
> But the reason I'd want there is that I'd like to improve member
> processing, turn NCSG member list into a proper database and
> automate things like member status check, which is now done mostly
> manually by the Chair (!), and feeding the data directly into NCUC
> member db (as well as NPOC if they want to), removing a lot of
> unnecessary menial work from both NCSG and NCUC ECs, as well as from
> members who now need notify changes in their contact information
> separately to SG and constituencies.
>
> Why would I need to be in the EC to do this? Because it is much
> easier to when you are part of the process, doing it yourself.
> And even if I say so myself, I am pretty good at automating away
> things I'd otherwise be doing myself. :-)
>
> Feel free to ask for details of what I have in mind or whatever
> (I'm traveling though and may be offline for several days at a time
> over the next two weeks).
>
> --
> Tapani Tarvainen

*Cell-Phone +254 722 212171 or +254 721 274273*

Before printing this mail make sure it is completely necessary. THE
ENVIRONMENT IS EVERY ONE'S BUSINESS.