[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Delegate to the 2015 NomCom

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Tue Aug 26 14:12:52 CEST 2014

Thanks, Tamir. Great to know the details of the process. I think there
will be many examples to learn from if we do engage in trying to propose
something really new for ICANN.

The case of CGI.br is quite special, in that it was created by the
government in 1995, and some gov ministries constituted a top-down
nominating committee to choose all reps (gov and non gov). The big
change happened in 2003, when all non-govs (12 out of 21 members)
started to be chosen by their own constituencies. But domain name
holders as such have no vote and no say, except through the CS, business
and tech comm stakeholders' representatives.

fraternal regards

--c.a.